BROOKS CONSULTING, LLC
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) came into force across the European Union on 25th May 2018 and brings with it the most significant changes to data protection law in two decades. Based on privacy by design and taking a risk-based approach, the GDPR has been designed to meet the requirements of the digital age.
The 21st Century brings with it broader use of technology, new definitions of what constitutes personal data, and a vast increase in cross-border processing. The new Regulation aims to standardize data protection laws and processing across the EU; affording individuals stronger, more consistent rights to access and control their personal information.
Brooks Consulting, LLC (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) is committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. We have always had a robust and effective data protection program in place which complies with existing law and abides by the data protection principles. However, we recognize our obligations in updating and expanding this program to meet the demands of the GDPR and the consumer privacy laws within the United States.
Brooks Consulting, LLC is dedicated to safeguarding the personal information under our remit and in developing a data protection regime that is effective, fit for purpose and demonstrates an understanding of, and appreciation for the new Regulation. Our preparation and objectives for GDPR compliance have been summarized in this statement and include the development and implementation of new data protection roles, policies, procedures, controls and measures to ensure maximum and ongoing compliance.
How We are Preparing for the GDPR
Brooks Consulting, LLC incorporated data protection and security for our organization that is compliant with GDPR Regulations in January 2021.
- International Data Transfers & Third-Party Disclosures – where Brooks Consulting, LLC stores or transfers personal information outside the EU, we have robust procedures and safeguarding measures in place to secure, encrypt and maintain the integrity of the data. We carry out strict due diligence checks with all recipients of personal data to assess and verify that they have appropriate safeguards in place to protect the information, ensure enforceable data subject rights and have effective legal remedies for data subjects where applicable.
- Privacy Notice/Policy – we have revised our Privacy Notice(s) to comply with the GDPR, ensuring that all individuals whose personal information we process have been informed of why we need it, how it is used, what their rights are, who the information is disclosed to and what safeguarding measures are in place to protect their information.
- Obtaining Consent – we have revised our consent mechanisms for obtaining personal data, ensuring that individuals understand what they are providing, why and how we use it and giving clear, defined ways to consent to us processing their information. We have developed stringent processes for recording consent, making sure that we can evidence an affirmative opt-in, along with time and date records; and an easy to see and access way to withdraw consent at any time.
- Direct Marketing – we have revised the wording and processes for direct marketing, including clear opt-in mechanisms for marketing subscriptions; a clear notice and method for opting out and providing unsubscribe features on all subsequent marketing materials.
Data Subject Rights
In addition to the policies and procedures mentioned above that ensure individuals can enforce their data protection rights, we provide easy to access information via online request submission of an individual’s right to access any personal information that Brooks Consulting, LLC processes about them and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about them
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from them, information about the source
- The right to have incomplete or inaccurate data about them corrected or completed and the process for requesting this
- The right to request erasure of personal data (where applicable) or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use
- The right to lodge a complaint or seek judicial remedy and who to contact in such instance.
If you have any questions about our preparation for the GDPR, please contact Joyce E. Brooks at +1-205-529-6471 OR Jbrooks@joyceebrooks.com.
Third Party Terms and Copyrights
These guidelines are for Brooks Consulting, LLC licensees, authorized resellers, developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use Brooks Consulting, LLC,and all other trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging.
Use of the logo, copyrighted materials (et al.) for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Brooks Consulting, LLC or authorized agent, may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws.
Use of Brooks Consulting, LLC trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
Brooks Consulting, LLCs’ trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets.
In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities.
By using a Brooks Consulting, LLC trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Brooks Consulting, LLC is the sole owner of the trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a Brooks Consulting LLC trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Joyce E. Brooks. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise.
Authorized Use of Brooks Consulting, LLC Trademarks
- Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only Brooks Consulting, LLC and its authorized resellers and licensees may use the Brooks Consulting, LLCs’ Logo or name in advertising, promotional, and sales materials excluding advertising through the Google, Google Adwords, Facebook, Facebook Advertising platforms.
Regarding Google, Google Adwords, Facebook and Facebook Advertising platforms–all uses of Brooks Consulting LLCs’ trademarks, graphic symbols, logos, and icons must be granted express, written permission. Before use, all requests for permission should be submitted to email@example.com
Unauthorized Use of Brooks Consulting, LLCs’ Trademarks
- Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, Brooks Consulting, LLCs’ trademark, including Brooks Consulting, LLC-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically granted by express written permission.
- Brooks Consulting, LLCs’ Logo: You may not use the Brooks Consulting, LLCs’ Logo or any other Brooks Consulting, LLC-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Brooks Consulting, LLCs’.
- Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use any variation of the Brooks Consulting, LLCs’ logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of a Brooks Consulting, LLCs’ trademark for any purpose.
- Disparaging Manner: You may not use a Brooks Consulting, LLCs’ trademark or any other Brooks Consulting, LLC-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
- Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use any Brooks Consulting LLCs’ trademark, including Brooks Consulting, LLC-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply Brooks Consulting LLCs’ affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
- Brooks Consulting, LLCs’ Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive Brooks Consulting, LLC packaging, web site design, logos, or typefaces.
- Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate a Brooks Consulting, LLCs’ slogan or tagline.
- Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical Brooks Consulting, LLCs’ trademark as a second level domain name.
Depictions of Brooks Consulting, LLCs’ Products
- Endorsement or Sponsorship: Brooks Consulting, LLC does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of Brooks Consulting, LLC products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that Brooks Consulting, LLC endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.